Friday, 10 April 2015

3 Years On

It has been over 3 years since I was diagnosed and 2 years since Bob, my stoma was put back to his rightful place. So how am I and do I have any after effects from both the treatment and the operation?
Bob as he was - Surprised he was not so awful?
Well I must confess that my plumbing seems to almost back to normal although my visits to the loo are maybe a little more frequent - it has taken time but there is hope and it does take effort to find the right diet and way of life for you! I still suffer whiffy "Jam Tarts" which I cannot hold after a session on the real ale so occasionally temper this some Carling lager which avoids the problem. I still have some numbness in my fingers and feet but I've learnt to live with it and hardly notice it any more unless I'm climbing. And the burning smell that I used to get? Well I still occasionally get that when I'm in a warm atmosphere. 
My last visit to hospital for my nurse led clinic was on March 20th which was more of a chat than anything. I asked about CT scans but there's no more unless I have a problem, only a blood test followed and that's about it.

Still active, climbing in the Peak District with Graham below.

No comments:

Post a Comment