Saturday, 10 May 2014

How are we now?

It has been a busy couple of weeks which should be a good gauge of my health and ability to lead a relatively normal life. I'm now off the Fybogel completely and I'm doing OK with my loo habits. Since I have less internal storage, long gone are days when I could sit and get that feeling of relief that normal people get so I spend time in a morning to do as much as I can however I have noticed that if there is a loo near during the day I will be tempted to use it and if there isn't one then it doesn't bother me too much so it is in part something of a mental problem. I know that I will never be back to normal but near enough.

So what have I been doing that's a gauge? I've had eight days in the USA, five in Philadelphia with work and with a free weekend with two full days in New York sightseeing. New York was great with me managing on the first day to get up the Empire State Building, Liberty Island and around Ground Zero. Rather than using transport I walked from Time Square along Broadway and 5th Avenue to all the sights. Day two I spent in Central Park.

After only two days at home I was off to walk Hadrian's Wall over six days, camping en-route.The numbness around my toes from the chemotherapy gives me the uncomfortable feeling that my socks are scrunched underneath whilst I'm walking but I managed OK. (I'm working on a write up on my other blog for this)
I suppose that all of that is all a little less than normal isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment