Friday, 7 March 2014

Trouble for not Telling

I had a  scan on Monday followed by a clinic on Wednesday so 2 visits to the Northern General Hospital in a week. The problem with this is that Susan was away on holiday for the week and I hadn't told  her that I was going to outpatients on Wednesday otherwise she would have cancelled the holiday. So Monday I arrived at the radiology department and was immediately called in to get a canulla inserted ready for the scan (Thorax and Abdominal CT Scan with Contrast)  Whilst in the waiting room my pal Helen, who now works at the hospital came and sat with me for a quick catch up, typically I was called in shortly after she arrived. So Wednesday I'm back but this time to Outpatients and I'm not sure whether it is with a Consultant or Nurse. Since I hadn't had my blood test results from December then a Consultant would mean bad news so it was a bit of a relief when it was a nurse. December's blood test results were OK at about 0.8 and as expected the CT scan results had not come through and wouldn't be available for a couple of weeks. I'm told that they have me for another year for checks which will involve another colonoscapy, scan and blood tests after which I'll be passed on to my GP. Before I leave there is more blood to give.to check my CEA levels (Carcinoembryonic Antigen). Looks like I'm also in a survey and follow up study of cancer survivors for which I will be interviewed maybe later next week..
It's Friday today and I'm about bollocksed - tired out that is! It's been a rubbish week at work with so much stress but hey someone has to do it. Susan came home from her holiday and non too happy that I had not told her about the clinic appointment. Ah well never mind

No comments:

Post a Comment